Friday 28 February 2014

Oh Hello March. Time for Reposts! Presenting: The Koxx

Okay I'll admit it. I've failed to find anything new for the last four or five days? So you knew this was coming. Reposts!

Then again, you wouldn't even know this was a repost, since The Koxx was, let's see how far back was it....

Okay not too far. Still, a year is a long time. I say I bring them back since they've got some new stuff since the old post. Like this one:



Just to let you know if the English lyrics have masked their Asian-ness, The Koxx are a Korean indie-band (a bit of that hipster-indie in there). No wikipedia article of them exists so I shall skip the biography.

One thing I really like about them is their style. It's punchy, tangy, and my god it's unpredictable. Usually for most chord-based songs I can guess the progression, especially if it's in G. Here though, The Koxx just does whatever they want, seriously.


I have no idea where that beginning progression popped out from. It's all so, daring. That's a word I'd take if I only could dispense one word for it. Even after that, the chord progression sections are kind of in dissonance, but they work actually.

This one is a bit more calm compared to the above two, but my god is it atypical. Especially that bridge. You'll hear what I mean.


In terms of the lyrics, I like his English vocals actually better. His accents give a special tonal element to the singing. Tonal element, what ambiguousness is that eh. Never mind my rambling.



Here's one with a great message too.



Anyways I think I've stayed up enough. Here they are. Can't believe I'm posting K-indie stuff again since I vowed that I would try to make this blog a bit more diverse. Though I do understand why I used to fill this site with Korean stuff. Swear to Confucius, Koreans are some of the most musical Asians out there, including myself. Yes, shameless self complements. 

This was the dreaming jukebox, and is still the dreaming jukebox, and will still be the dreaming jukebox. I'm out for now. 

PEACE 


No comments:

Post a Comment